Hair must be neat;
Hair hanging over the collar must be tied back;
The forelock must be neat, short or pinned out of the eyes;
Hair may not hang over the eyebrows;
No colouring (temporary or permanent) or highlights are allowed;
Braided hair may not be coloured;
Red or blue bands/ribbons/ elastic bands may be worn;
No shiny hairpin/bobby pin may be used.
SHOES AND SOCKS
Flat, black girls shoes with a strap over the bridge, but no lace shoes;
Navy school socks that are neatly folded over, but not rolled up.
When a girl stands erect, with her hands along her sides, the skirt may not be shorter than 4 fingers above her knee;
JERSEYS AND JACKETS
Blue pullovers must fit neatly and must not be purchased too large;
Sleeves may never hang over the hands;
Blazers (blue) are compulsory throughout the year;
No tracksuit tops may be worn with school uniforms, except for Provincial colours, which may be worn on Fridays;
School tracksuits may only be worn to sports meetings;
Only blue scarves, as available at the book shop, may be worn in winter
No jewels may be worn with school clothes except:
Medic Alert disks or bands.
Earrings: Only a small ring (1 cm in diameter) or a small gold or silver stud.
Only one eardrop per ear is allowed and it must be at the bottom of the ear lobe, not higher up on the ear-lobe.
BUT – No tongue or nose “studs”/ rings – No diamonds or any other coloured stone studs are allowed.
No form of make-up may be worn.
May not be seen from the inside of the palm;
No nail polish (coloured) may be worn.
Must at all times be neat; and
It must at all times comply with the following regulations:
– With the head in upright position the hair may not touch the shirt collar.
– The hair may not be cut in steps.
– On the sides the hair may not touch the ears when combed down.
– Along the temples the hair may not be worn longer than the middle of the ear. .
– Tufts must be combed down to at least 2 cm above the eyebrows.
– Hair must not be longer than 5 cm on top of the head.
– Hair must be combed in such a way that it does not stand straight up.
– Hair may not be dyed or bleached. If this rule is transgressed, it shall be expected from the parents to carry the costs to redo the
– hair to its original colour.
– No thin pigtails or any plaits will be allowed.
– No beads may be worn in the hair and also no dreadlocks, planes or waves.
SIDEBURNS AND MUSTACHES
No sideburns or mustaches are allowed.
Shaving must be done regularly.
Stubble-beards are not permitted.
Nails must always be neat and cut short.
Ordinary watches only
Medic Alert” disks or straps
No other jewels.
SCHOOL CLOTHES (UNIFORM)
Grey long pants with blue shirt (short or long sleeve) and school tie.
Blazers are compulsory throughout the year and may only be worn with school clothes;
Black school shoes;
Only a school jersey may be worn under the blazer;
Only the prescribed blazer/jersey/scarf/head-gear or gloves may be worn with school clothes;
Only grey socks are allowed;
No trouser-legs may be narrowed down to fit tighter around the legs.